The following is a list of common items that need a building permit. You may also select the types of permit on the menu to the left to view the guidelines and permit application. Before you start any project, it is recommended you discuss your plans with the City of Monticello Building Inspector to assure zoning compliance.
What Needs a Building Permit?
- New home or building construction
- Decks, porches or patios
- Building additions
- Permanent pools
- Garages, sheds or other accessory buildings
- Standalone solar panel units on the ground
What Does Not Need a Building Permit?
- Interior remodeling
- Shingle or roof repair/replacement
- Window/Door replacement
- HVAC repair/replacement
- Rooftop-mounted solar panel units