Piatt County Courthouse, constructed in 1903-04. Greek Revival style. Three stories, slightly rectangular shape, red brick with extensive limestone elements, large shallow copper dome with copper fretwork detail upon a drum base. First story rests upon a limestone water table which extends to the first story sill heights; on the second and third stories, the central pavilions are divided into three bays by Ionic pilasters, with single bays framing the wider central bay with triple window groups in a Palladian form. A limestone belt course is carried by the central pavilions with a limestone balustrade on either side. The pediments have a cornice of dentils, and egg and dart molding, with a central wreath framed by torches and interconnected with a ribbon of limestone. Inset within the wreath on both ends is a shield with "1903."