This Commercial type building was constructed in 1879. It is historically known as the J.A. Brown Hardware Store. Two stories, red brick in running bond, single storefront. Low bulkhead with large storefront sash, tall angled sash, and recessed double large light entrance doors; continuous three light transoms above. The upper story windows are 2/2 double-hung sash with shorter upper sash in quite unusual pattern. The windows have soldier flat arches with labels, and header lug sills. Two large panels are outlines in header brick for the parapet design. In addition to the hardware store, Brown manufactured cigars. Most were hardware stores including Montgomery's Western Auto, Suhre's True Value, with an early brief period as Leiper Furniture, and eventually restaurants.