Two stories, red brick walls and cornice of brick detailing. Cast iron columns remain. The staircase door between 100 and 102 is recessed with a tall transom, with the storefront cornice extending above. The Italianate storefront cornice consisting of brackets and a denticulate molding remains intact. The stone hoodmolds have labels and are deeply incised with organic pattern, as are the keystones. A raised stretcher course is removed below the brick detailing of the cornice, which is capped with another raised stretcher course before three regular running bond courses and tile coping.
Originally occupied by C.H. Ridgley's drug store on the first floor, with J.M. Bender and Dr. WH. Caldwell occupying the upper story. Caldwell's homemade laxative later became known as Pepsin Syrup. Another long time resident was Gucker Drug Store from 1932 to 1977.
The four buildings at 100 - 106 S. Charter reading as a united block were constructed in 1888 under separate ownership in the Italianate style.